Schererville Town Codes
This link, http://www.amlegal.com/library/in/schererville.shtml, will take you to the current Town Code of Ordinances.
The Planning and Building Department also wishes to highlight specific Ordinances/Codes:
- R905.2.7.1 Ice Protection: In areas where the average daily temperature in January is 25°F (-4°C) or less when Table R301.2criteria so designates, an ice barrier that consists of at least two layers of underlayment cemented together or of a self-adhering polymer modified bitumen sheet, shall be used in lieu of normal underlayment and extend from the eave’s edge to a point at least 24 inches (610mm) inside the exterior wall line of the building.
- Ordinance No. 1095: Subdivision Control: Please click here to read more on this ordinance
The following is a list of Building Codes currently recognized in Schererville.
- 2008 National Electrical Code W/Indiana Amendments
- 2012 International Mechanical Code W/Indiana Amendments
- 2012 International Building Code W/Indiana Amendments
- 2009 Standard & Commentary for Accessible and Useable Buildings and Facilities
- 2003 International One & Two Family Residential Code W/Indiana Amendments
- 2006 Uniform Plumbing Code W/Indiana Amendments
- 2012 International Fire Code W/Indiana Amendments
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code W/Indiana Amendments
Additional information on Indiana State Building Codes can be found here: Indiana Association of Building Officials.