Schererville Police Department:
- Alternative Crossing Guard:
- The Schererville Police Department is looking for individuals interested in serving as an alternate crossing Guard for local schools
- The primary duty would be overseeing the safety of school children at intersections and crosswalks on their way to and from school throughout the school year.
- This includes controlling traffic, watching for suspicious persons and taking note of their description/plate numbers, and notifying the Police Department of reckless drivers.
- To find out more information, or inquire about applying, please contact the Schererville Police Department at (219)322-5000.