Schererville Police Department:
- Alternative Crossing Guard:
- The Schererville Police Department is looking for individuals interested in serving as an alternate crossing Guard for local schools, filling in as needed when regular crossing guards are unavailable.
- The primary duty would be overseeing the safety of school children at intersections and crosswalks on their way to and from school throughout the school year.
- This includes controlling traffic, watching for suspicious persons and taking note of their description/plate numbers, and notifying the Police Department of reckless drivers.
- Required availability is to be on-call, as needed, to fill in for the regular Crossing Guards.
- Pay for 2019 is $15.02/hr and rises to $15.47/hr in 2020.
- To find out more information, or inquire about applying, please contact the Schererville Police Department at (219)322-5000.