The Schererville Fire Department is offering our residents the safe disposal of sharps container at the Fire Station, 1650 Cline Ave. Bring properly packaged sharps to the front door at the Fire Station using the Cline Ave entrance Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sharp Disposal Guidelines:
- All Sharps container should be made of heavy-duty plastic.
- Mike jugs and soda bottles will not be accepted.
- Containers will be accepted with a closed, tight fitting puncture-proof lid.
- Containers must be leak resistant.
- Containers should be properly labeled to warn of hazardous waste inside the container.
- Business related sharps containers are not eligible for collection.
If you have any questions please contact us at 219-322-2599.