Park and Facility Regulations
A Summary of Town Ordinance No. 1267 is listed below. It details the rules and regulation of the Parks Department.
For a more detailed view of the Parks Department Regulations, and other Ordinances relating to the Parks, please review “Chapter 5” of the Town Code of Ordinances.
“FOR THE PROTECTION OF TOWN PARKS AND THEIR USERS”
- Removing, damaging, disturbing or destroying park property, equipment and natural features is prohibited.
- No person shall litter or dump unauthorized waste in parks.
- No hunting or fishing is allowed in the parks.
- Fires are prohibited except in park grills. Dumping of hot ashes onto grass or plants is prohibited.
- No camping allowed, except by permit.
- Hours of Operation: Parks are open from dawn till dusk.
- Vehicles are restricted to designated roadways and parking areas.
- No swimming or skating is allowed on park ponds.
- Snowmobiling is prohibited.
- Disorderly conduct and other unlawful, improper and dangerous activities are prohibited.
- No alcohol is allowed in the parks.
- Possession of firearms, weapons, or fireworks is prohibited.
- Animals are not allowed in the park (except for the Dog Park). Dogs are allowed on trails and must be on a leash.
- Commercial enterprises or service concessions without a permit are prohibited.