The mission of the Schererville Police Department is to enhance the quality of life in the town of Schererville, by working cooperatively with the public and within the framework of the U.S. Constitution to enforce the laws, preserve the peace, reduce fear, and provide for a safe environment.
- We believe that life and individual freedoms are sacred.
- We believe in fair and equitable treatment of all individuals.
- Our role is to resolve problems through the law, not to judge or punish.
- We recognize the neighborhood as the basic segment of the community.
- We cannot carry out our responsibilities alone; thus, we must be willing to involve the community in all aspects of policing.
- Our fundamental responsibility to the community is quality service.
- We, as employees, are our department's most valuable asset.
- We believe employee involvement is vital to a productive environment.
- We are committed to the recognition of human dignity and enrichment of work life through fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- We demand of ourselves the utmost in honesty, integrity, and professionalism.
- We hold ourselves to a higher standard of social and professional conduct.
Preserve and Advance Democratic Values: We will uphold the funda- mental values of this democracy through belief in the constitution and dedication to liberty and justice.
Improve Quality of Life: We are dedicated to improving the quality of life in our town through spirited and quality service.
Improve Quality of Work Life: We are dedicated to improving the quality of work life in our department through interaction and con- cern for each other.
Demonstrate Professionalism: We will demonstrate honor and integrity in all we do through ethical behavior.