Full-Time Wastewater Treatment Facility Employment Opportunity
Wastewater: The Town of Schererville is now accepting applications for a full-time entry level laborer with benefits.
Applicants can complete an online application here: https://jobapps.hrdirectapps.com/applicantform/D2814434267/0.
Applicants need to be a minimum of 18 years of age. Applicants also need to have a valid driver’s license.
Full job description will be provided during an interview. Starting pay rate is $15.35 an hour with opportunities for advancement after a probationary period.
Please contact TJ Kmiatek at 219-322-4240 or email@example.com for questions or more information.
Fulltime Animal Control Officer Employment Opportunity
Animal Control: The Town of Schererville is now accepting applications for a fulltime entry level Animal Control Officer. Applicants can complete online applications here: Schererville.org/job-application.
Applicants need to be a minimum of 18 years of age and be available during normal shelter hours with a possibility of afterhours call outs. The Shelter's hours are Monday through Friday 8am to 7pm and limited hours on the weekends. Responsibilities include but not limited to: Enforces all town ordinances and health codes relating to the registration of control of animals by issuing citations for registration violations and by cooperating with health officials and local hospitals by impounding animals for health and safety concerns within the Schererville town limits. Conducts routine patrol and answers calls pertaining to animal complaints, captures, and stray animals. Provide unwanted animals for adoption and maintain records and complete incident reports.
Full description will be provided during interview. Starting pay rate is $16.94 an hour with advancement based off of prior experience. Applicants should apply by August 31, 2022. Please Contact Deputy Chief of Police Steven McNamara at 219-322-5000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or more information. Also please check out more information about our Animal Control Division on our website: https://www.schererville.org/town-government/animal-control/
Volunteers needed at Schererville’s Animal Control Shelter to help care for dogs, cats!
Do you love taking care of dogs and cats? Volunteers are now being invited to apply to the Schererville Police Department’s Animal Control Shelter to help take care of the dogs and cats currently housed at this no-kill shelter located at 548 Kaeser Boulevard, off Kennedy Avenue and Joliet Street.
Among the duties shelter volunteers will perform include feeding, exercising and playing with the animals, cleaning, administering medication, brushing, grooming, and bathing. They will also perform administrative duties such as keeping logs of what tasks are completed and answering phones. All volunteers will work under the direction of our Animal Control Officers.
There will be a background check for each person who volunteers due to them having access into restrictive areas within part of the police department. Shelter hours are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday with limited hours on the weekends. You can fill out an application here: https://jobapps.hrdirectapps.com/applicantform/D2814434267/0
If you have any questions please contact Deputy Chief of Police Steven McNamara at 219-322-5000 or email email@example.com
The Animal Control Department takes in stray animals that are in need of new loving homes and to be cared for. We have many cats and dogs to choose from. They are all lovable and looking for their new forever families. Schererville Animal Control is committed to help pets in need through sheltering, adoption, education, spay/neuter, and community outreach.
You can also check out the shelter’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Schererville-Animal-Control-Shelter-652191121508947.
Schererville Animal Control is now hiring Part-Time Animal Control Officers:
Starting wage is $14.29 an hour.
Interested applicants can apply online here: schererville.org/job-application.
Contact the Police Department 219-322-5000 with questions.
Schererville Police Department is now hiring Alternative Crossing Guards:
- The Schererville Police Department is looking for individuals interested in serving as an alternate Crossing Guard for local schools, filling in as needed when regular Crossing Guards are unavailable.
- The primary duty would be overseeing the safety of school children at intersections and crosswalks on their way to and from school throughout the school year.
- This includes controlling traffic, watching for suspicious persons and taking note of their description/plate numbers, and notifying the Police Department of reckless drivers.
- Required availability is to be on-call, as needed, to fill in for the regular Crossing Guards.
- Pay for 2022 is $16.41/hr.
- For information, or to inquire about applying, contact the Schererville Police Department at (219)322-5000. Online applications can be completed at “Employment Opportunities” on our website here: https://www.schererville.org/town-government/employment-opportunities/
The Schererville Fire Department is now accepting applications for Part-time paramedics:
Pick up applications at Station #1, located at 1650 Cline Ave.
If you have, any questions please contact (219) 322-2599
- State of Indiana Paramedic License
- Ability to gain entry into St. Anthony’s System
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License (Copy of License required)
- Applicants must be at least 21 year of age
Firefighter Certifications not required.
Hourly Pay $20.10 Hr.