Schererville Fire Department
Accepting Applications for Career
Firefighter/Paramedic or Firefighter/EMT
For Immediate Hires
June 3, 2021 – June 30, 2021
Pick up applications at Station #1 1650 Cline Ave.
Between the hours of 8am – 4pm Monday – Friday
If you have any questions please contact (219) 322-2599
- Certified Indiana Firefighter I/II and Licensed Indiana Paramedic or Indiana EMT at the time of job offer or a Licensed Indiana Paramedic and be enrolled into a Firefighter I/II Class within one year of hire date or enrolled into the Paramedic course within one year of hire date.
- Applicant must be at least 21years of age but less than 36years old to qualify for 1977 PERF Fund.
- Lateral Transfers of Current Indiana PERF accepted.
- Candidate will be required to sign the Firefighter Paramedic or Firefighting Licensing and educational agreement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver License
- Applicant will take a competitive written test that will include Firefighter I/II and Paramedic/EMT questions.
- Applicant must have a valid CPAT card at the time of interview or take a departmental agility test at set date and time to be determined.
- Membership in the 1977 Police and Firefighters Pension Fund
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Quarterly Uniform allowance
- Longevity Pay
- 457 B Deferred Compensation Program
- Starting Pay depending on experience
- Membership in the International Association of Firefighters Local 4279