This is where we need your help, understanding, and cooperation. The only things one should ever flush down the toilet is human waste and toilet paper. Remember, only flush the 3 P’s: Pee, Poop, and Paper. All other items should go into the trash.
Here is a list of some of the items that should never be flushed down the toilet:
- Bags/wrappings and cardboard
- Band-aids and bandage wrappers
- Cleaning wipes
- Condoms, cotton balls, swabs, and pads
- Dental floss and teeth whitening strips
- Disposable diapers, nursing pads, baby wipes and facial wipes
- Kitchen grease
- Kitty litter
- Mini, maxi pads, tampons and applicators
- Motor oil, anti-freeze, paint or any other chemicals
- Needles and sharps
- Paper towels
- Prescription or over the counter medications
Any solid matter that is put down the toilet or drain has the potential to cause a blockage in the public sewer or a private sewer drain. Repairing or just cleaning any of these systems is costly and especially frustrating if caused by flushing substances that the system is not designed for and cannot process. Please, if it is on this list put it in the trash. Do not flush it. Following this guide will prevent unnecessary repairs and maintenance that has plagued subdivision pumps, increasing their reliability and life expectancy.